Sunday, June 29, 2008

24 Hour Read-a-thon: Hour 13

This hour
Book read: The Titan’s Curse (Book 3 of the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series) by Rick Riordan
Pages read: 65
Time spent reading: 45
Food and drink consumed: water

Total
Books read: Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk, I Was Told There’d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley, The Titan’s Curse (Book 3 of the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series) by Rick Riordan
Pages read: 665
Time spent reading: 9 hours 33 minutes

And while reading The Titan's Curse, I almost spit out the water I was drinking when the heroes end up at the Hoover Dam. When I was in middle school, my whole family (everyone on my dad's side) took a trip to Las Vegas, including a trip to the Hoover Dam. And the funniest part was that my cousin didn't want to go on the tour, so he went right to the cafeteria (called the Snacketeria there) and bought a hot dog. And what came with that purchase? A bumper sticker that read "I got a dam dog at the Hoover dam."

From The Titan's Curse:

“Let us find the dam snack bar,” Zoe said. “We should eat while we can.”

Grover cracked a smile. “The dam snack bar?”

Zoe blinked. “Yes. What is funny?”

“Nothing,” Grover said, trying to keep a straight face. “I could use some dam French fries.”

Even Thalia smiled at that. “And I need to use the dam restroom.”

“And I want to use the dam water fountain,” Grover said.

“And…” Thalia tried to catch her breath. “I want to buy a dam T-shirt.”

No comments: