Thursday, June 26, 2008

Eclipse

I finished Eclipse, the third book in the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer, a while ago and just forgot to post. I have to say, I was quite happy with this book, as it was much more exciting than New Moon. That's not to say that Bella wasn't whiny or didn't pass out randomly... Rather, I enjoyed the love triangle more having all three people in the same place, and I liked the uneasy truce that Edward and Jacob come to in order to protect Bella.

**Here be spoilers**

I found the battle with Victoria and her babies very exciting, and learning the details of the main battle in the field only after the fact made it seem more intense.

One thing that bothered me, though, was the last chapter told in Jacob's POV. I can understand wanting to show his emotions over the impending wedding, but to go three whole books with Bella and then suddenly be with Jacob really threw me for a loop...

**There be spoilers**

And I'm still on Team Edward... although, after Jacob acting as a warming blanket in the tent, I'm beginning to see the light on the whole Team Jacob thing...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah, Jacob is so sexy. I definitely would want him around to keep me warm (I'm always cold).
Spoilers:
My favorite scene:
"I love you."
"I love you more."

But I did think Edward's proposal was incredibly romantic.

I'm still on Team Jacob.

I agree that Bella is whiny and I really don't get why these boys like her, but then I realized it's from her perspective and she has a low self esteem.

You should read The Host.

Pam said...

The Host is waiting in the wings... ;)